Friday, June 27, 2008

MOTORCYCLES! Part 2

So, I've learned why I don't take Stacie with me to shop for big items. Turns out, she usually wants one too! We made it down on Saturday to go look at the first prospect for the bike and I think she was surprised at how good of shape it was in for the price that was being asked. I ended up making an offer on the bike and it was accepted!

So now, I have a verbal agreement to buy a bike. Then I get a phone call about a second Rebel that's in that same area. And Stacie's mind starts to come up with plans - you see, here recently, the Honda Rebels have been listed for less than 2 hours on craigslist before they sell. The market is very hot for them right now. So she figures that if we can get a second bike at a good price, we can sell it for a small profit and make the first bike even more economical. And #2 looked like a potential prospect.

Long story short, I now own TWO Honda Rebels for less than a 2008 would have cost new! Yeehah! I'm going to start working on the second bike and list it next week on craigslist to see what kind of offers I can get.

Here they are. The maroon one is the one I will be keeping for sure. The black is the one that needs a bit of work but should be pretty good nonetheless.




2 comments:

Andrea said...

oooaaaaahhhh yeah! Looks awesome!

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

Zeb is so jealous! Every time we go to Blanding, he drives around town on his dad's motorcycle. He keeps telling me that he wants to get one of his own. Make sure you wear your helmets!