Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Leaf

The last few days have been both exciting and unnerving. Next week I will begin the process of transitioning to another new job (yes, that's right - same company, new position) and I have been overly happy about it. In a lot of ways, my life was perfect from my point of view. Alas, perfection is not permanent in this life. ;) Now, I'm moving to a new area at AA, the thrust reverser shop. I took the job at AA over others because it was working with engines. Now, I won't be and I'm a little stuck there cause we have the new house. I have been promised by my boss that after "some time, maybe a year" if I'm really miserable, a swap back can be arranged, but that they really need someone out there now. I guess.

The other component of my life that has changed and kept me excited is my new efforts to loose weight and get in shape. I've been inspired by my bro-in-law Jarom and my sister Allie - both have had considerable success loosing and keeping weight off by, in essence, "counting calories". I hope to do the same and start a simple exercise routing to help me get back to my "engagement" weight. And the best part of all is that Stacie's committing to do it as well.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That's great! Good luck to you both and with the new job. How is Sammie doing?