Tuesday, December 18, 2007

More Journeys

The longer time goes, the more firsts we seem to hit as a brand new family. Like Sammie's first five states. I mean, I know I had the opportunity to go to the Four Corners area when I was young, and I know Stacie did as well, but at only 6 weeks old, Sammie surpassed both of us with her first five states visited. Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Texas and Oklahoma. Talk about a trip and an a half. And the most lovely thing about the whole trip was just how good a traveler our baby girl really is. Three days in a car seat and barely a teary eye the whole way. It was amazing to see just how she adapted to that sudden new stress and made it a pleasant experience for us and herself.

Now, I have to say that Stacie did a great job on the trip too. She was the one in back seat most of the time checking, feeding, changing, and entertaining baby girl. Troopers the both of them and I must say that if it ever comes time to do it again...I'll quit first. :)

Some highlights of the trip were our time in Blanding; Dove Creek, CO; and Albuquerque, NM. Visiting family and friends was a real treat and I know that for Stacie, it helped to make the move more bearable. But as many things as we saw, we really didn't take a lot of pics. So enjoy what's here for what it's worth.

Sammie - The Great Trek



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: